Sunday, December 2, 2007

What Cookies?

Well, as all good parents do, I want to share with my children the joys I had (or sometimes didn't have) while growing up. One thing that was brought back to my memory was "No Bake Cookies". These were something my grandma made and we loved them. I haven't had them in years, so I did a google search and found the recipe. I told Crisco last night that I would be fixing them and she asked what was in them. She couldn't imagine eating oats, so quickly informed me she wouldn't be eating them.

After I had them all mixed and was putting them on the wax paper, she changed her mind. It was bed time, so I told her in the morning (this morning) she would get to enjoy them.

I woke this morning early to study for Sunday School (we're marching through Revelation -- thanks Dr. A. Brown), only to find my dog wanted to enjoy my memories as well and had taken the cookies off the table and eaten them all. Wow! Hope she enjoyed them. Now, how do I explain to my daughter when she gets up -- "no cookies." Well, at least I know what we will be doing today. Throwing the dog into the back yard and making more cookies!!!! I can't wait!

2 comments:

JenLo said...

If I remember, those are very fudgy! Hope the chocolate doesn't make the dog sick. Supposedly that's poisonous to dogs.

Tim said...

As mad as I was at those two, poisoning would save them from what I wanted to do to them. No, they seem to be fine!