Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Honesty Is The Best Policy

I have been watching the commercials for the new reality show "The Moment Of Truth" on Fox. I wondered if people were really dumb enough to risk their marriages on national TV for money. Apparently they are. It always seems to boil down to those questions of fidelity.

I came home last night and my wife said, "come here -- you won't believe this." I looked at the TV and there was the show on in my living room. A woman was sitting there and was telling all for $100,000, $200,000 and hopefully 1/2 a million! Her husband sat there in shock as her ex-boyfriend walked out and asked her if she would rather be married to him. After a few seconds pause for effect, she said, "yes." Of course her husband wilted.

I DO believe honesty is the best policy. I DO believe that you should be transparent with your spouse. I'm trying to help a family member with this right now. BUT, I do NOT believe that a show should be wagering large amounts of money based on the fact that they are ruining marriages left and right.

Fox is supposed to be the level headed network of the bunch, but they have crossed the line on this one.

2 comments:

JenLo said...

I just had to quit watching this show because it was making me feel terrible! I agree with honesty, but I also think that some questions have no need to be asked!

Mary Ellen said...

AMEN BROTHER!!!!