Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Keys!

This past Sunday, I drove to my new Pastorate -- Rose Hill Wesleyan Church -- and minutes after I walked in, the Vice-chairman of the board walked up and pulled out of his pocket -- KEYS! Keys to the church and keys to my office. My heart swelled as this was kind of the knighting ceremony!

As I thought about that, the scripture came to mind: Matthew 16:19 "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

I now have a renewed appreciation for what this means. This is kind of the passing of the authority baton. It's Christ saying, I'm leaving, you're in charge.

I hope as I am in charge of His kingdom, I take care of it as He, the King, would.

No comments: