Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thinking Outside The Box

I read something the other day that made me think. I know, rather unusual for me to do.

A Music Minister friend of mine wrote "trying to figure out how to go to the next level." Someone wrote back "nothing is normal" and "think outside the box." Since then, I've done some googling on "thinking outside the box."

Thinking inside the box is being satisfied with the status quo which is where I wonder if most churches are today. Thinking outside the box means throwing away the template of what's been done before and doing it differently than it's EVER been done.

My goal is, from today forward, to think outside the box. Be revolutionary. Make sure that an idea isn't shot down because we "haven't done it that way before (where have we heard THAT one before?)" I will try to ask all the deep probing questions and try to come up with answers that aren't status quo!

No comments: