Tuesday, October 30, 2007

15 month old trickster

I know I write a lot about my kids, but hey, they are my life. My wife is very important to me but if I write about her, I'll get in trouble.

My son, bubba, was fighting sleep last night. Now let me make one thing clear, he didn't get that from the Mateer side of my family because WE DON'T FIGHT SLEEP! We welcome it with open arms. He was struggling to get up and fussing and SUDDENLY went limp on the bed. I asked myself if he was asleep or if something was wrong. I checked and he was breathing ok but had his eyes closed and seemed to be asleep. I got up quietly and went to the living room. As soon as I sat down, I heard his steps and there he was just-a-grinning! Only one explaination that I have (which was later confirmed by a re-creation!), he was faking sleep so I would leave and he could get back up! Too smart. And the doctor is putting him on fish oil to improve his inteligence -- why????

I guess someday he'll outsmart us. Oh, wait! He already did!

No comments: